Jimi Hendrix Died Here
  1. Death »

Jimi Hendrix Died Here

This is where Jimi Hendrix died of a drugs overdose.


It was here in room 507 that Jimi Hendrix overdosed and died across town at the Samarkand Hotel on September 18th 1970.

Hendrix, one of the stars of the recent Isle of Wight pop festival, whose blatant sexuality on stage made him the centre of countless controversies, had been found by his beautiful West German girlfriend in a coma in bed at her hotel.

Twenty-three-year-old Monica Danneman called an ambulance and but it is disputed whether he dies prior to the ambulance arriving or en route.

Hendrix had booked in on September 6.

He reserved a 17-a-day fifth floor suite but rarely used it. He was last seen in the hotel on Thursday afternoon cleaning his shoes in his suite.

But Jimi Hendrix, wrote his own epitaph: When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do.

Location: Hotel Samarkand, 22 Lansdowne Crescent, Notting, W11 2NS


He died september 18th 1970 (Sandi)
Posted by Sandi on 2009-09-16
FYI - Jimi did NOT die of a Drug overdose... this has been proven , time and time again. He suffocated on his vomit... There are constant theorys... CIA... Mafia... IMHO... it was a tragic accident... could have been avoided if his..ahem... "girlfriend"... had called for medical assistance immediately,,, rather than waiting..... a tragic story.. Yup.. he had taken some sleeping pills,,, had a bit og vino... but for sure, was a tragic accident.. NOT a drug overdose. In the meantime... pay your respects to the last great guitarist... (strato)
Posted by strato on 2008-09-07
More inspiration:

Jimi Hendrix Last HotelJimi Hendrix Last Hotel
This was Jimi Hendrix's last hotel he booked into.