- Retail »
The Westfield London
This is where London's latest luxury shopping centre opened
- It took 13 million man-hours to build
- Construction used enough concrete to fill 117 Olympic swimming pools
- There are 96 escalators
- Some 7,000 jobs will be created
- 80% of shops specialise in fashion
- Retails come from at least 15 different countries
- And over 20 million people are expected to visit each year.
Aspirational, yet inclusive, it is an architecturally stunning showcase for 5 anchor stores: Debenhams, Next, Marks and Spencer, House of Fraser, Waitrose and over 265 luxury, premium and high street retailers from more than 15 different countries. 80 percent are fashion-focused, 16 names are making their UK debut and 40 are luxury brands housed within the beautiful, boutique-style environment, The Village.