- Pub »
The splendid drinking room of the Hamilton Hall.
This Wetherspoon pub opening onto the concourse of Liverpool Street Station is named after Lord Claud Hamilton, chairman of the Great Eastern Railway Company (1893-1923) which originally built Liverpool Street station.
The pub is the former ballroom and now-restored hall of the old Great Eastern Hotel. In the 1960's is was part of the Abercorn group of hotels.
The room is spectacular and a pleasure to drink in, full of mirrors and marble, allegorical figures and paintings. It was in fact copied directly from the Palais Soubise in Paris in 1901.