- Retail »
Oldest Shopfront in London
The oldest-remaining shopfront in London.
This is the finest mid-Georgian shop-front surviving in London, dating back to 1756 or 1757. It is thought the first lease holder Nicholas Jourdain would have inserted the shop front.
It has been a general-wares shop, a silk weavers shop, and then a grocery until 1935.
Until 1895 this building was formerly called Number 4 Raven Row.
There are many original and later period pieces of design, architecture and interior-style inside.
The house is occasionally opened for open-house days to the public.