Queen's Speech Racy Clinic
One of London's grandest townhouses with many original features.
This is one of the largest and most remarkable houses in London: a rare and exquisite example of a magnificent 18th century residence home to Edward Davenport.
Built in 1775 by renowned architect Robert Adam, it retains much of its original character, yet it's one of the most fashionable and exclusive celebrity party venue's in London.
It comprises of eight Reception rooms, 24 bedrooms, a stained glass billiard room, a club room fitted with a spacious Jacuzzi, a ballroom and London's only hydraulic wall which separates the dining room from the music room via a water pump system in the basement.
The house was first owned by explorer Lord Henry Wyndham and his beautiful wife, Arundel, and their son (and fellow explorer) Joseph.
In the 1830's the Earl of Sheffield and family moved in. From 1835 Lord Charles Townsend, an immensely wealthy gentleman and Grand Master of the Freemasonic Lodges, inhabited the premises. Many residents have since chanced a glimpse of Lord Charles' ghost drifting down the main staircase clad in Templar robes.
Many films have been filmed here too including from The Queen's Speech, Lionel Logue's clinic. It's also been the location for a porn disco and masquerade ball in 2009 which caused the venue to be banned from holding such events.