- Sport »
Fred Perry and The Brentham Club
This is where Fred Perry played tennis for 16 years.
The Brentham Club was established in 1911 to provide sport and leisure opportunities including cricket, hard court and lawn tennis, football and bowls to the Brentham and Pitshanger community in Ealing. It was opened by the son of Queen Victoria in 1911 - the Duke and Duchess of Connaught.
Local boy and tennis legend Fred Perry played here from 1919 to 1935. In 2011 The Ealing Civic Society put up a green plaque to commemorate this connection.