- Pub »
Forest Gate's Old Spotted Dog
16th century pub now sadly derelict in an East End corner.
This sad old derelict pub dated back to 1602 when Forest Gate was forest and was named after royal hunting dogs. The grade 2 listed building was closed in 2004 and in 2009 a notice was posted by the Fire Brigade saying it was a dangerous structure. It's now very derelict with little chance of being restored to former glories.
During the great plague in 1665 the
pub was used by merchants, who had
fled the city of London, as a temporary