- Sport »
Wimble-gone: Plough Lane
The former home of Wimbledon Football Club.
Plough Lane, now a housing estate, was the home ground of Wimbledon Football Club, from September 1912 until May 1991, when the club moved their first team home matches to Selhurst Park as part of a groundshare agreement with Crystal Palace.
It remained derelict until it was finally demolished in 2002, and then it became a private housing development known as Reynolds Gate, named after former Wimbledon player Eddie Reynolds.
The six individual blocks in the development have also been named after former players, managers and even a chairman: Bassett House, Batsford House, Cork House, Lawrie House, Reed House and Stannard House!
It's capacity at it's peak was 15,876 and Wimbledon FC controversially moved to Milton Keynes, leaving supporters to fund a new local club AFC Wimbledon.