- Pub »
The House they left behind
Every house was demolished in the blitz here except this one.
This gastro eaterie is called 'The House', a catchier name than it's former full title. The whole terrace was demolished during the blitz except for this hardy set of bricks.
Previous to that it was called The Black Horse and was built in 1857.
Features many original artworks and oil paintings inside.
Rope fibres were once laid out to be twisted together in Ropemakers Fields. Hops grew outside the pub for use in the Limehouse Brewery in Fore Street.