The Walthamstow Lighthouse
The Walthamstow lighthouse, 35 miles from the sea!
Erected in 1893 and for many years the best attended nonconformist church in Walthamstow, the Lighthouse Methodist Church is now Grade II listed. It was designed by the architect J. Williams Dunford.
The whimsical Lighthouse turret reflects the nautical connections of its founder, Captain Daniel King of the King, Bullard & Company line of ships and steamers, who donated the site and paid for its construction.
The lighthouse originally had a revolving light which beamed out during the Sunday service.