- Music »
Bon Scott of AC/DC died here
AC/DC lead singer died of alcohol poisoning here in 1980.
This is where AC/DC lead singer and rock legend Bon Scott was found unconscious after a night's heavy drinking on the night of February 19th 1980.
After leaving London club the Music Machine at 3am, Alisdair Kinnear drove Bon back to his flat here at Ashley Court but upon arrival, he couldn't move Bon so he left him in the car.
Kinnear awoke early in the evening on the 20th, checked on Bon, and found him unconscious in the car. He rushed him to King's College Hospital, but by then it was too late to save Bon's life. Bon was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.
The autopsy was held on Friday, February 22. The verdict was 'Death by Misadventure - Acute Alcoholic Poisoning'.