- Music »
Keith Moon died here
This is where Keith Moon overdosed in Harry Nilssons flat.
This is where American songwriter Harry Nilsson owned a flat in the Seventies. His work and interests took him to the United States for extended periods, and while he was away he lent his place to numerous musician friends.
During one of his absences, ex-Mamas and Papas singer Cass Elliot and a few members of her tour group stayed at the flat while she performed solo at the London Palladium, headlining with her Torch Songs and Don't Call Me Mama Anymore.
Following a strenuous performance with encores, Elliot returned to the flat to relax and sleep and was discovered in one of the bedrooms, dead of heart failure, on July 29, 1974.
Four years later, on September 7, 1978, The Who's drummer Keith Moon returned to the same room in the flat after a night out, and died from a massive overdose of a prescribed anti-alcohol drug.
The flat was then sold to Pete Townshend of The Who.